Wednesday, March 30, 2011

April Book Selection

Our book club selection for April is Girl Of The Limberlost by Gene Stratton-Porter. Her books have stood the test of time. I still remember reading The Harvester as my first selection of her novels. My friend Nancy, who grew up in Connecticut, received a set of GSP books when she was in high school as a gift from her favorite Aunt (over 60 years ago). When Nancy told me that memory, I remember feeling like I had missed out on a good book and promptly took The Harvester home from the library to read that very night! I haven't read Girl Of The Limberlost yet, so I am looking forward to another good read.

2 comments:

  1. I have used it with my students-a wonderful book. I hope you do enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that book! Sounds like your book club should take a road trip to her homesite in Geneva. That would be a nice celebration when you complete your reading. What fun!

    ReplyDelete