Monday, March 28, 2011

Preschool Fun

Today when I picked up my grandson from preschool all the kids and teachers were outside on the playground. The sun was brightly shining, but it was still chilly so I was surprised they were outside. Each of those thirteen children were busy doing something different. Some were swinging on the swings....some were rolling on the ground. The big silver slide had a line waiting to go down (the very same slide my children used to play on when they were his age). The monkey bars were full. Several children were running after each other around the perimeter of the playground. All of a sudden the teacher says "Time to get in line". The children run to get in line and sing their parting song. Then their names are called and they can go to the person collecting the child. As soon as he locates me, he is excited and calls out my name as if he hasn't seen me for days when it was actually only 2 1/2 hours earlier that I dropped him off. Oh what a sweet sweet feeling of being loved!

6 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the times I walk into a large room with a lot of people, and my grandkids come running to me! Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a precious moment. It's clear you two have a very strong, special bond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that sweet voice and the smile that says, "I love you so much." Think we'll still get that kind of greeting from him in 10 years?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you recorded this. I remember those days from when my kids were young. I still get greetings, but they have changed a bit over the years. When I do get an enthusiastic greeting now, it makes it even more precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice memory; those toddlers take up so much space in our hearts, don't they? It's nice you notice all those little things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's just like they say, "absence makes the heart grow fonder,"--even after only 2 1/2 hours! That special "little man" will always be so glad to see his Mimi! And may he always run to you with open arms. What a captured memory that's written on your heart--you are loved!

    ReplyDelete